Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Oh, Happy Day!

In order to get to uni, I have to take a train; and in order to get to the train station, I have to walk. It's a pleasant, fifteen minute stroll - and, this morning, made all the more pleasant by the fact that I had to wear my raincoat.

Yes, you heard me correctly: I was wearing my raincoat.

And that's because it was raining. And not just a passing shower, but a constant, gentle, soaking rain. The kind of rain for which our parched, drought-struck country has been thirsting after. Alas, by the time I made it into the city, it had stopped coming down; and didn't rain for the rest of the day, despite the skies remaining overcast and threatening. We need much more of the kind of rain that fell this morning; but, oh, what a joy to have some rain of this variety at long last.

Let's pray it continues.

Talk to you soon,

BB.

Quote for the Day: Rain is what makes flowers grow - and taxis disappear. (Hal Roach)

1 comment:

Caro said...

YES! :-)
I don't even mind that I had a line full of washing that would probably have gotten dry if not for the rain this morning :-)