Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Patron Saint of Deadlines

I stumbled across this little item somewhere in the wilds of webland, and I thought it was so apt right now, what, with assignment deadlines due and such, that I'd post it for your edification.


SAINT EXPEDITUS
Also known as Elpidius

MEMORIAL
19th April

PROFILE
Possibly legendary. Unclear whether his name led to his association with expeditious matters, or the other way around. This association led to his becoming the patron of people who had to deliver things on time.

CANONIZED
Pre-congregation

PATRONAGE
against procrastination, for expeditious solutions, of merchants and navigators (and maybe also harried university students?)

REPRESENTATION
young Roman soldier holding aloft a cross; young Roman soldier holding aloft a banner with the word "hodie"

Talk to you soon,

BB

Quote for the Day: The discipline of colleges and universities is in general contrived, not for the benefit of the students, but for the interest, or more properly speaking, for the ease of the masters. (Adam Smith)

3 comments:

Caro said...

Maybe because my own current need for such a patron saint has pushed me into a slightly manic phase, but I just laughed and laughed... until I stopped.

Yo there St Expeditus, say one for me!

BB said...

what can I say...all part of the service to bring you these things...;0)

Anonymous said...

You have FAR TOO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS BB!!

Love ya!
SB