Thursday, August 30, 2007

A Brief Interlude

I'm afraid I'm going to be off air for a short interlude.

Last weekend, the retina in my left eye decided it would be a good time to detach itself from the rest of the eye, necessitating my having to undergo surgery tomorrow. Mildly inconvenient, given my Dearly Beloved and I are scheduled to attend the Selection Conference of the Victorian-Tasmanian Synod of the Uniting Church in Australia the weekend after next - the final stage of our applications to candidate to the ordained ministry!

Who says the universe doesn't have a sense of humour?

While the operation itself is only a day procedure, I'll not only end up looking like I've gone ten rounds with Muhammad Ali, the restricted vision will militate against me being able to put up any posts for a while.

But fear not - normal service shall be resumed shortly. So I'll see you on the flip side once my own personal approximation of 20:20 vision has been restored.

Talk to you soon,

BB.

Quote for the Day: In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. (Erasmus)

2 comments:

Caro said...

Hi BB- so sorry to hear about this- talk about sucky timing! I hope the op goes well, and you recover quickly. (and don't stress about selection conference, I'm sure it will all work out!)
:-)

BB said...

Thanks Caro - nah, I'm not stressed at all, either about the op or the conference (seems practically everyone's more stressed about the former than I am!)