Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Cold Curse

You may recall my post about my first sermon, in which I lamented the fact that I spent the whole week beforehand struggling with a massive headcold.

Well, it's happened again. This Sunday, I am rostered to lead our local Uniting Church congregation in the "Prayers for the People" section of the service - and, yep, you guessed it, I am presently being ravaged by a magnitude 5000 headcold, replete with all the unpleasant features by which such maladies are accompanied.

Where the heck did this come from? Here I was, thinking that because I've already had a dose of the lurgy this year, I'd be pretty well immune to whatever the 'flu season could throw at me. But, noooo, the universe has decided that it hasn't quite finished tweaking my pride or pulling the rug out from under my feet.

So here I am, at some God-awful hour of the morning, lamenting yet again about the universe's particularly pernicious sense of humour - especially where Yours Truly and leading public worship is concerned! Some days I feel like asking for a refund...

Talk to you soon,

BB.

Quote for the Day: Some days, I say, some days it just don't pay to get outta bed.* (Foghorn Leghorn)

*Oh, if only I could go back to bed and get some SLEEP!

2 comments:

Caro said...

Ahh... a bad case of the liturgy lurgy, eh? :-)

And don't complain about getting out of bed... for the last week I have been living in the Benedictine monastery in New Norcia, WA, and getting up at 5am - except for last Sunday, when we were allowed to sleep in (until 5:45am!:-)

and BTW, if you get the chance to do Katharine Massam's "Living by the Rule" mid-year intensive at New Norcia in 2009, make sure you do! It has been a totally amazing experience!

BB said...

Thanks for the "sympathy" Caro! ;0)

And if it was such an amazing experience, stop trying to curry my pity by complaining about 5am mornings...just kidding, am actually quite jealous! Will be sure to check out that course if it becomes available!