Thursday, July 19, 2007

Waiting, Waiting....

Well, second semester of the academic year kicks off next week, and I'm still waiting for my first semester results (I think they get posted today). I'm particularly anxious about my New Testament Greek result: if I pass, I won't have to repeat this (compulsory) subject! Although I enjoyed many aspects of the subject, and found it quite revealing and interesting, I now have a full and thorough appreciation of the fact that languages just aren't part of my gifting! So the prospect of having to do it all over again is not a pleasant one...

Not that I'm griping about the delay. I appreciate the fact that the good folk at the United Faculty of Theology's administration office are overworked at the best of times. Just wish there was some way of getting the results sooner so that I would know. Maybe the UFT should explore setting up some sort of online system whereby each student is assigned an account that enables them to access their results (and only their own results)....

There's been a bit of fiddling around with my subjects for Semester Two. Partly my fault, partly the fact that sometimes subjects get cancelled for various reasons. But now they're all settled, and I'll be studying:
  • Epistemology: Theory of Knowledge and Knowing
  • The Triune God
  • Mark and the Synoptic Gospels

I'm confident that this lot should give me an interesting and thought-provoking mix! Now if only those results would arrive....

Talk to you soon,'

BB.

Quote for the Day: Success is merely delayed failure. (Graham Greene)

2 comments:

Caro said...

Hehehe.... I know of a couple of other nervous nellies waiting with some degree of apprehension for their Greek results.

My advice is don't get too fixed on getting your results on time. Because of an audit process that the UFT is undergoing it meant that all lecturers had to submit all work from a selection of students in each unit to a second assessor, to check that the faculty are reasonable in their marking. From conversations I've had with some faculty during the break, this has not been a straightforward process, as some of the students that they needed to retrieve earlier essays from had gone overseas, or were otherwise uncontactable, so this whole process may cause delays.

Guess I'll see you in Triune God class! :-)

Caro said...

OK, so I take back what I said earlier about the timing of UFT results, as mine arrived in the mail today- perfectly on time.

So... how did you fare with Greek? (enquiring minds need to know)