Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The (non)Practicing Preacher

One of the few things I feel entitled to complain about my Dearly Beloved (and trust me, there are very few indeed!) is organisation. Especially first thing in the morning.

However, one morning very recently, I received my own lesson in being organised. I arrived at the train station only to discover that I had left my driver’s license and credit card at home - on this particular day of all days, when I had an interview for my passport renewal application! I had to grab a train back to my home suburb, then a bus back home, in order to retrieve them. The dogs were in the lounge-room, having obviously broken out of the laundry the minute my Dearly Beloved and I were out of the house; I had to growl at them and give them a smack. Then I had to scramble back to the bus stop, and only just managed to avoid missing the bus, though at the cost of somehow bruising the big toe on my right foot. The train to the city was an express, although it seemed to take a painfully long time to travel the six stations before the express stage commenced. Naturally, I arrived at work late, although due to the fact that I had to leave almost immediately to go to an appointment, I don’t think anyone noticed.

Thank God for the gift of the lesson of humility!

Talk to you soon,

BB.

Quote for the Day: The trouble with you, BB, is that your "inner Homer" is too close to the surface. (My Dearly Beloved, Wed 2nd August, 2006)

No comments: